Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
Costs per serving: $2.44
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 16-oz frozen chopped spinach thawed, squeezed dry
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp. Poultry seasoning
- 3/4 dry white wine sauce
1. In a skillet over medium heat, warm 1 Tbsp. oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat.
2. Slice chicken breasts almost in half horizontally, open like a book and, if necessary, poud to 1/2 inch thicknes. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Spoon a heaping 1/4 cup filling onto open breasts. Roll lengthwise over filling; secure with toothpicks.
3. Warm 2 Tbsp. In large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, about 7minutes total, turning over once or twice. Add wine, cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter and tent with foil. Turn heat to low and boil sauce, uncovered, until thickened, about 3minutes. Remove toothpicks from chicken, serve with sauce.
Per serving: 324 calories, 12 grams of fat (2g. Sat.), 82 mg. Chol, 4g of fiber, 38g. Pro., 8g Carbs, 496mg Sod.
Donations welcome for future recipes