2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 cup dried mandarin oranges, chopped
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
3 large eggs, divided
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
Garnish: fresh orange zest curls
- Preheat oven 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in dried oranges and chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add eggs and yogurt, gently stirring to combine.
- Turn out dough on lightly floured surface, and gently knead until a smooth dough forms. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a 3/4 inch thickness. Using a 2 1/4-inch fluted round cutter, cut 16 scones from dough. Place scones on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes.
- Garnish with orange zest curls, if desired. Serve warm.
- Devonshire cream
- Orange-Cranberry Marmalade
Pretty in Pink… Please donate for more recipes